Friday, July 5, 2013

Threads: Going Americana with Harley-Davidson


OUTFIT DETAILS
Fringed cropped top - thrifted / Suede fringed moccasin boots - thrifted / Gray skinny jeans - SM / 
Tassel Necklace - Summer Soul Gypsy


Quick Americana-inspired outfit post in celebration of Fourth of July! (Pardon for the not-so-good shots, if you notice, I'm actually using a digital camera here. My phone has been needing to go to the Samsung repair center which also explains why I haven't been able to update my Instagram.) 

I'm a huge fan of Harley-Davidson with all the "Americana" culture and history that surrounds it. Through the years, a lot of brands have undergone drastic face lifts to keep up with the modern world, but the 110 year-old Harley-Davidson which has undergone its own ordeals, has managed to preserve the image it was renowned for. The unparalleled craftsmanship put into their machines, the big yet classic and sleek designs, the well-loved logo are just some of the things I and Harley-Davidson fans have come to admire and love. 

I am no bike rider myself, but I've always said if I was to be one, I'd prefer riding a Harley. Realistically speaking, I know I'm no close to that since I can't even drive a car. So I guess the closest I can come to a Harley is this Harley-inspired post. 

The oversized fringed top, I managed to score at a thrift shop. I can't express enough how ridiculously perfect this top is. The stone gray color, the fringe, the oversized cropped cut and of course the print - what else can you ask for in a biker/rock and roll number? 

I know, wearing a fringed piece can be heavy on the eyes, but I took a risk and I think I pulled it off by going overboard with this one. I paired  the fringed high cut brown moccasin boots with gray skinny jeans which toned the look down then completed the look with Summer Soul Gypsy's Phoenix tassel necklace. I have worn these pieces together for only a few times but with the cold weather now here, I know I'll be wearing them more often.



Model Marissa Miller for Harley-Davidson's campaign


Have you tried the Americana or Harley-Davidson/biker chick look? Share me your photos or comments and leave us your own style tips and suggestions!




                      photo faviconblog.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment